CULINARY NINJA SERIES (EPISODE SIX)
As they all say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day mainly because it’s the meal that will kickstart your mornings and help you get through the hustle and bustle of the day. Think of your body as a vehicle and breakfast being the key to turn on the ignition. Now, most people are keen to get on with the day and find that thinking up something nutritious and tempting for breakfast starts to become a drag rather than something they look forward to. Don’t worry, with this ultimate breakfast recipe, you’re sure to jump the minute your alarm goes off! Nowadays, it’s harder and harder to find creative ways to eat healthily but this recipe features everyone’s all-time favourite, pizza!. You heard me, we’re having pizza for breakfast! It’s not just any ordinary pizza because this one comes with the nutrients you need to fuel your body. With the protein you get from the eggs and bacon, you’re sure to get past the hurdles of your morning cardio and couple that with some broccoli to improve your digestion, lower cholesterol levels, and detoxify your body, you get the breakfast of all breakfasts! So try it out! It’s quick and easy to make!
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 heads of broccoli, cut into large florets
- 4 tbsp. Paleo Grind Veggie Victory
- Olive oil, as needed
- Place a 14-inch nonstick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to cover the bottom of the pan, overfilling a little because the bacon will shrink.
- Allow the bacon to cook through on the first side before flipping. You are only going to flip it once, so let it crisp up nicely, then flip.
- The next step is to remove most of the rendered fat from the pan. Do this by tilting the pan to the side and spooning the fat into a small stainless-steel bowl.
- Crack 12 eggs over the “bacon crust”, doing your best to keep the yolks intact. The pan should be hot enough so that the whites begin to set immediately. From that point, you are simply managing the heat and seasoning the top with black pepper. You want to achieve a crisp crust all along the bottom, but you don’t want to burn it. Manage the heat so all the egg whites are set just as the crust is crispy and crunchy.
- Once the whites are set, use a rubber spatula to loosen the crisp under crust completely. The pizza should now move freely when you shake the pan back and forth. Use the spatula to slide the pizza out of the pan onto a cutting board. Use a chef’s knife to cut the pizza into eight slices.
- Place two slices on a plate with a side of roasted broccoli.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place broccoli florets into a large mixing bowl. Add Veggie Victory and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spread broccoli onto the pan. Drizzle with olive oil once again.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast until the broccoli becomes well caramelized, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with bacon-crusted breakfast pizza.